Students have access to:
- 4-5 computers in the classroom
- computer lab with 25 machines
- 5 computers in the library
- scanners digital cameras
Software Programs Available to Students
- Reading program that teaches phonics, vocabulary, comprehension, and writing.
- Mathematics program that uses a series of themes to illustrate mathematical concepts.
- Language Arts: Mechanics program (3rd-5th grades) develops the student's higher thinking skills using cross-curricular activities.
- Integrated Language Arts program helps extend and reinforce the interconnected skills of reading, writing, listening, and speaking in English.
- Story Book Maker program that encourages creative writing.
- Student Writing Center program that encourages writing skills.
- Worldware is a connection to the Internet.
- On-line assessment testing of student performance.
- Golden Book Encyclopedia (1st-2nd grades)
- Compton’s Encyclopedia (3rd-5th grades)
- Picture Dictionary (1st-2nd grades)
- Spelling Program (1st-2nd grades)
- Microsoft Word--word processing program
- Microsoft Excel--spreadsheet program
- Microsoft PowerPoint--presentation program
- Microsoft Access--database program
- Microsoft Publisher--desktop publishing program
Internet browser used by students to access the Internet.
The Print Shop (on teacher machines)
Easy-to-use tool for creating professional-looking handouts, signs, posters, banners, calendars and many other helpful documents.
Type to Learn, Type to Learn Jr., and Type for Fun
Keyboarding program that teaches the proper keyboarding techniques by combining a demonstration of the reach for each new key with the actual typing of the student.
Children explore phonics concepts such as initial, medial, and final sounds, rhyming words, and spelling.
A computer program that tests students who have read books by presenting them with multiple choice questions about the books.
Learn About Life Science: Plants
Welcome to the world of plants! Software that teaches parts of a plant, including roots, leaves, stems, seeds, and flowers. Students learn where and how plants grow and even how they make their own food.
Learn About Earth Science: Weather
Students use software to learn all about how weather changes with the seasons, how different kinds of weather form, and how people predict the weather.
Learn About Physical Science: Matter, Measurement, and Mixtures
Welcome to the world of matter, measurement, and mixtures! Learn what matter is, what molecules are, the forms matter takes (i.e., solid, liquid, or gas), how matter changes shape, and how mixtures and compounds are formed.
Learn About Life Science: The Human Body
Students use software to learn about various organs and parts, as well as the process that take place in the major systems of the body.
A Field Trip To Earth
Investigate planet Earth--inside & out--from its sizzling inner core, to its shaking and quaking crust, to the darkest depths of the oceans' abyssal plains. Learn about Earth's history and its place in our solar system. Learn what scientists already know about such things as volcanic eruptions, tsunamis, earthquakes, fossilization, and glacial melt, and learn what they still are trying to figure out.
A Field Trip To The Sea
Investigate the world's oceans, from sandy and rocky shores, to tidepools and coral reefs, to the open sea and deep ocean abyss. Learn what makes ocean ecosystems so unique and how marine creatures adapt to their salty, cold, dark habitats. Learn why and how our oceans are in danger and what can be done to save them.
Easy Book Deluxe
A unique book publishing program that allows students to write, illustrate, and print their work in book form. Helps motivate students and gives them a sense of pride and ownership in their written work.
Students help "save the galaxy" as they use problem-solving, estimating, and equation-building skills to develop confidence and conquer the next level of computational math. Realistic challenges engage students to apply basic operations, data interpretation, and geometry skills.
A software tool that helps improve students core writing skills. Working at a computer, students edit real-life articles and
passages from published literature.
Wild West Math
Skills reinforcement software used to develop and refine fundamental math skills.
The Super Science Show
Third, fourth, and fifth grade science objectives are reviewed using this software with emphasis on both knowledge and logic skills.
Students conduct research using the on-line card catalog, Ebsco Database, and the Internet.
A to Zap
Used in our Special Education classrooms to develop language skills.